Information for International students | study in Russia-Karelia
Petrozavodsk State University
The medical faculty has two branches: General medicine (MBBS) and Pediatrics.
Upon graduating from the faculty diplomated doctors have to take a one-year initial specialization in the elected speciality (internship) and then at once or through some period after independent work can attend biennial clinical internship for reception of the certificate of the expert (internal illnesses, surgery, beam diagnostics, nervous illnesses, psychiatry, otolaryngology, pathological anatomy, anesthesiology, obstetrics and gynecology; children’s surgery, pediatrics), giving to the expert the right to be certified as the doctor of the supreme category. The basic scientific trends of the faculty are hematology, rheumatology, cardiology, gastroenterology, immunology, vascular surgery, surgical treatment of bronchial asthma, epidemiology, congenital developmental anomalies of the fruit, clinical physiology and intensive therapy of respiratory insufficiency, neurophysiology, and adaptation to conditions of the North. The specified scientific trends allow the collection of the medical faculty to concentrate on problems of studying the epidemiology of pathological processes in regions of the European North of the Russian Federation and to solve problems effectively, first of all of the pathologies of respiratory and cardiovascular systems, and also of oncology and preventive maintenance of other diseases.
- Scientific and research work is carried out in global top-priority directions of fundamental and applied studies.
- The Academy has the necessary infrastructure, which allows carrying out research work with intellectual property protection and implementation of new medical technologies.
- Personnel of the Academy have received 350 invention patents.
- Database of scientific-research, design and experimental projects, remote access to the database is provided.
- Research studies are provided with modern equipment, tools, and software.
- Management of the Academy supports common international innovative projects, development of licensing mechanisms and international certification, the formation of international groups.
- If you are going to study in Russia, if you are interested in Russian culture, history and language – WELCOME to PETROZAVODSK STATE UNIVERSITY, beautiful KARELIA Republic!
MBBS IN PETROZAVODSK STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY-STUDY IN RUSSIA
Admission intake from June to December each year
Fees for Preparatory Faculty (Russian Language Course): 3500 US$ It includes Tuition fees, Hostel fees, M.I
Fees for General Medicine (M.B.B.S): 4500 US$ It includes Tuition, Hostel, Medical Insurance etc.