Kazan State Medical University is a multi-functional and multi-leveled state institution of higher learning medicine. KSMU is located in the central part of Kazan. The main campus of KSMU is on Butlerov Street, although there are other KSMU buildings throughout the Kazan city. Kazan state medical university is the third oldest medical university in Russia. With 206 years of experience in medical training, KSMU is justifiably an international University. Around 900 students from more than 57 countries around the world study here and half of the study in English. Moreover, we have a large group of students from the neighboring and remote regions of Russia.
We are proud that Kazan medical school is attractive for young people from different parts of the world. That is why our priority is to support and care for international students. KSMU students have access to electronic library resources, other modern means of communication during their studies. KSMU is listed in the top five Medical Universities of Russia. KSMU graduates have all the necessary knowledge, skills, and qualifications that enable them to succeed in their future careers, they are in demand in the medical sector.
- The first university on Russia to be accredited by the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).
- More than 6000 medical students.
- Around 1600 Students & Residents representing more than 50 countries study in KSMU.
- 7 Specialty and 2 Bachelors Programs.
- 44 Clinical Residency & 39 Ph.D. Programs,
- More than 700 foreign graduates.
We will contact you
Why students choose KSMU, Russia?
- Unique teaching system.
- Low tuition fees with quality education.
- Full English Medium Course, Best Results in FMGE Exam.
History of the Kazan State Medical University:
In History, 1814 opens the faculty of Medicine at Kazan Emperor University. In 1837 anatomical theater, in 1840 university clinic opened. In the year 1930, the Medical Faculty of Kazan State University was transformed into an independent educational institution-an Institute which in the year 1994 acquired the status of a Medical University. During the period of its existence, the University has trained about 60 000 specialists, out of which 4493 professionals were trained before the year 1917.
Highlights of Kazan State Medical University, Russia
|Degree offered||MD Physician (Equivalent to MBBS in India)|
|Course duration||5.8 Years|
|Teaching Medium||English Medium|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India & WHO|
Remarkable milestones of KSMU, Kazan
- 5th November (according to the old calendar) 1804 Emperor Alexander I declares in his royal command to establish a University in the city of Kazan.
- 14th of May (2nd of May according to the old calendar) 1814, Establishment of the «Department of Doctoral or Medical sciences» of Kazan University.
- 1837, The Anatomy Theatre was built.
- 1840, The University Clinic was opened.
- 1858, The Physiology Laboratory is launched.
- 1893, The first editions of «The Neurology Newsletter» are published.
- 1900, The complex of University Clinics starts functioning; the Bacteriological Institute is established on the basis of the Medical Faculty.
- 1901, The first editions of «Kazan Medical Journal» are published.
- 5th November 1930, the Medical Faculty of Kazan State University is reorganized into Kazan State Medical Institute.
- 1930, Establishment of the Faculty of Prophylactic Medicine.
- 1932, The Pediatric Faculty is created.
- 1954, Establishment of the Dental Faculty.
- 1975, Training at the Pharmaceutical Faculty is launched.
- 1991, The Faculty of Social Work is established.
- 1994, The Faculty of Management and Higher Nursing Education starts functioning.
- 29th of April 1994, Kazan State Medical Institute is reorganized and acquires the status of Kazan State Medical University.
- 14th May 2014, 200th Jubilee.
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing
Duration of Studying MBBS in KaznSMU, Russia
- Duration of MBBS Course is 5.8 years for English Medium and 7 years for Russian Medium. BDS (Dentistry) 5 years English Medium, Pharmacy 5 years English Medium.
- one intake in the year June – October.
KSMU, Kazan is recognized by the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, and science of the Russian Federation. KSMU is a government-funded university. KSMU is recognized by MCI, WHO, ECFMG (USA), AMC, GMC, etc.
KazanSMU got a third-place among all medical universities in Russia, according to the academic ranking of world universities-European standard ARES-2014, published by the European Scientific Industrial Chamber. KazanSMU is the first choice for Indian students for studying MBBS in Russia. According to the Indian Embassy Kazan state medical university is in the top 10 list of Russian Government Medical Universities.
KSMU, Kazan has Seven hostels where foreign students can live throughout their studies. Students are offered different kinds of rooms which may differ in size. As a rule; two or three students can share the room. All rooms are comfortable, well heated, and fully furnished according to student’s needs.
Why Kazan State Medical University?
- University has extensively developed academic contacts with scientists in the USA, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Check Republic, and France.
- Kazan is the capital of the Tatarstan Republic. It’s the city that was historically formed, as a border between the East and the West.
- Kazan is situated on the bank of Volga River in the Central part of Russia. Kazan is a big industrial center with a population of 1.1 million people.
- Kazan is one of the most acknowledged centers of science, culture, and education.
- If you want to become a successful doctor, KSMU is the right choice for study MBBS. Here you will meet students from 30 countries across the globe. In KSMU scientific conferences: Doctors, Professors from the USA, Canada, France, Germany are taking part in and delivering their lectures to Foreign students-English Medium Faculty.
- Study Medicine at Kazan State Medical University is highly rated, that’s why KSMU listed in the top ten medical universities of Russia. KSMU-Best among all Medical Universities in Russia.
Kazan State Medical University | MBBS Fees
|Fees Pattern||Total Fee
2nd-6th Per Year
|Per Year||6500 USD||5600 USD||34500USD|
*Yearly fees include tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance fee.
*Students who will live in private hostel or apartments fee will differ for them.
Admission Procedure to Study MBBS in KazanSMU, Russia in Simple Steps:
- STEP-1: Call or Visit Doctors-IEA Team Official representative of University.
- STEP-2: Properly fill the online application form of the Kazan State Medical University.
- STEP-3: After filling the online application form, the candidate will receive an offer letter from the university.
- STEP-4: Pay processing fees and then submit all essential documents required to get admission in MCI recognized medical college-Kazan state medical university.
- STEP-5: After receiving processing fees and original documents, the Doctors-IEA team will apply for an invitation letter and visa documentation.
- STEP-6: After getting the Visa, the Doctors-IEA team will arrange tickets and all a proper set of documents to fly for a particular university with a group of students and their representatives.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for study MBBS at Kazan State Medical University for Indians?
Eligibility criteria for study MBBS in KSMU are based on your 12th standard marks or grades.
- You should be at the age of 17 on or before 31st December during the current year of admission.
- The student must have more than 65% marks per each subject in ECB (English, Chemistry, Biology) in 12th Class.
- NEET (Qualified marks) is mandatory to study MBBS in KSMU.
- Only regular students can apply not from open school.
The admission process begins by you sending us the scanned copy of the documents listed below, for more details or free counseling consult Doctors-IEA officially authorized representative of KSMU for Indian and Foreign students.
Documents required for study MBBS in Kazan State Medical University (For Indian Students)
- Filled application form with fee guarantee letter.
- Passport with a validity of a minimum of two years.
- 10th, 12th Certificates, and mark-sheets.
- 20 passport size photographs (35*45 mm @80% face at the matte finish paper with a white background.
- Medical tests: HIV test, X-Ray Chest, Blood test, Health Fitness certificate.
For Other Countries:
- Filled application form with fee guarantee letter
- Passport with a validity of a minimum of two years.
- Secondary school certificate (English, Chemistry & Biology)
- Medical tests: HIV test, X-Ray Chest, Blood test, Health Fitness certificate.
- 20 Photos (passport size 35*45 mm at the matte paper)
We will get you the admission letter and invitation letter from the university. We will also guide you through the entire process and will complete all documentation including visa, ticket (for Indian students), For other countries aspirants, we will provide admission and invitation letter and will provide complete guidelines regarding visa, ticket. An incoming student enrolled through Doctors-IEA Team will receive by an official representative of KSMU at Moscow airport or at Kazan International Airport.
Preparation for FMGE, MCI Screening Test:
As an Official representative of Kazan State Medical University, we put all the information quite vividly for both students and parents. Students pursuing MBBS at KSMU, Kazan have to appear and clear the MCI screening test in order to get a license for practicing the medical profession in India. It is mandatory for all foreign return Medical graduates. The students can apply for FMGE registration when they come back to India after the completion of the MBBS course abroad. It is held in December and June (Twice a year). The student has to obtain 150 marks out of 300, there is no negative marking in the FMGE exam (MCI).
Our team provides online coaching for the MCI screening exam and visiting professors from India throughout the year. All the topics are properly explained in a detailed manner. It offers a great helping hand to students.
Kazan City, Russia
Kazan is the capital and largest city of the Republic of Tatarstan, Russia. It is a major industrial, commercial, and cultural center and remains the most important cultural center of the Tatar culture. It is the eighth-most populous city in Russia. Kazan lies at the confluence of the Volga and Kazanka Rivers in European Russia. Kazan is located 793 Km east of Moscow. Kazan is a place where the East meets West. Kazan was founded in 1005. Despite such a venerable age, the city is growing and dynamically developing in all aspects. Since April 2009, Kazan has been granted the legal right to brand itself as the third capital of Russia. In 2004, Kazan was named the best city of Russia and became the winner of the Russian public award «Russian National Olympus». With a rich history and culture, it is a host to the number of monuments. The Kazan Kremlin (citadel) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Kazan is a significant educational and cultural center of Russia. Kazan is a city of Peace and Calm. Kazan is the host city for the 2015 World Aquatics Championships, 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, and 2018 FIFA World Cup. Kazan is connected by buses, railways, river port and an international airport. The public transport system is extensively developed and is used by a large number of people for daily commuting. It consists of buses, trolleybuses, trams, and metro (subways).
International students can take direct flights from their native country. Kazan International Airport is located in the city. (Every day flights are available)
KSMU Official View
Students Get Together
Frequently Asked Questions | MBBS Study in Russia | KSMU
How much does MBBS cost in KSMU, Russia?
Russia is one of the top choices for students aspiring for medical education in abroad. This choice is not only based on the fact that Russia has a good literacy rate in the world but also because the cost of doing MBBS in Russia & KSMU is quite affordable and low as compared to other Western countries and India as well. Fees structure for KSMU is 24-26 Lac INR for full MBBS Course.
Is NEET required for MBBS in KSMU, Russia?
Yes, the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is made mandatory for all Indian students willing to pursue MBBS from Russia or KSMU. The Medical Council of India has also made it quite clear that the NEET exam is essential for those aspirants who want to study MBBS from abroad. Hence the first and foremost step to secure a seat for MBBS in KSMU Russia to sit for NEET and qualify it. Once you clear it, based on your NEET score you can join KSMU, Russia. KSMU, Russia is one of the hotspots for Indian students in Russia.
What is the duration of an MBBS in KSMU?
The duration for MBBS in KSMU for Indian students is for 6 years (English Medium). It eliminates one year of internship that must be accomplished in India. This duration will be of 7 years if students opt to study MBBS in Russian medium. Foreign students are not compelled to undergo one year of preparatory course before they start the main medical course. Each year is divided into 2 semesters which makes it a total of 12 semesters. Each semester for five to six months. The first semester begins in September and concludes in January.
Is MBBS Study in Russia safe?
Unfortunately not every medical aspirant’s dream to become an MBBS doctor in India does not turn into reality. Hence several candidates choose to study MBBS in Russia. However, the first concern for both parents and students is safety and security. Russia is quite safe for Indian students who wish to do their medical course from MCI and WHO approved medical university (Kazan State Medical University). The crime rate is considerably low and there is no discrimination whatsoever with Indian students in the campus as well. So, Russia & city Kazan is just not safe but the top destination for study MBBS abroad.
Is it a good choice to go to KSMU for MBBS?
KSMU, Russia is a dream choice for many students in India who want to do MBBS from abroad. There are several factors that make KSMU, Russia a wise and advantageous option such as:
- Direct admission, no entrance exam needed for Indian students.
- You will get the opportunity to study MBBS course in full English Medium.
- You need not pay any donation for admission as it is purely based on merit & as per university eligibility criteria.
- The fees are quite affordable and low as compared to many Western and Indian medical colleges.
- Hassle-free and online admission procedure.
Is an MBBS degree from KSMU, Russia valid in India?
Yes, the MBBS degree from Kazan State Medical University, Russia is absolutely valid and acceptable in India. The Russian medical universities are authorized and approved by WHO and UNESCO as well as by MCI. The degree is well-recognized and valid in different countries of the world as well. However, if you want to practice in India you must pass the MCI screening exam to get the license. It is mandatory for those students who have acquired their degrees from abroad to pass the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Exam) to pursue a job or medical practice in India.
How to get Direct MBBS Admission in KSMU, Russia?
For admission procedure contact Doctors-IEA Team who is the official authorized representative of Kazan State Medical University for Indians & International students. For more queries, you can call us at 1800-419-5827 (Toll-free) / +91-8010503035 (India) | +79515174507 (Russia). Students can find our details on the university’s official website also. (Doctors-Ideal Educational Advisors Pvt. Ltd)
Call for more details about the university, admission, processing, fees at MBBS in KSMU, Russia:
+91-7428212236, 7428203118, 8010503035
Toll-free 1800-419-5827 (For Indian Students), +79515174507 (International Students)
Students or parents can write to us at WhatsApp also: +917428212236, +79515174507