The official name of the University: Kazan State Medical University, Year of foundation: 1814
Kazan State Medical University is a multifunctional and multi-leveled state institution of higher learning medicine. KSMU is located in the central part of Kazan. The main campus of KSMU is on Butlerov Street, although there are other KSMU buildings throughout the Kazan city. Kazan state medical university is the third oldest medical university in Russia. With 206 years of experience in medical training, KSMU is justifiably an international University. Around 900 students from more than 57 countries around the world study here and half of the study in English. Moreover, we have a large group of students from the neighboring and remote regions of Russia. We are proud that Kazan medical school is attractive for young people from different parts of the world. That is why our priority is to support and care for international students. KSMU students have access to electronic library resources, other modern means of communication during their studies. KSMU is listed in the top five Medical Universities of Russia. KSMU graduates have all the necessary knowledge, skills and qualifications that enable them to succeed in their future careers, they are in demand in the medical sector.
Highlights of Kazan State Medical University, Russia
|Degree offered||MD Physician (Equivalent to MBBS in India)|
|Course duration||5.8 Years|
|Teaching Medium||English Medium|
|Medical Universities Approved by||Medical Council of India & WHO|
History of the Kazan State Medical University:
In History, 1814 opens the faculty of Medicine at Kazan Emperor University. In 1837 anatomical theater, in 1840 university clinic opened. In the year 1930, the Medical Faculty of Kazan State University was transformed into an independent educational institution-an Institute which in the year 1994 acquired the status of a Medical University. During the period of its existence, the University has trained about 60 000 specialists, out of which 4493 professionals were trained before the year 1917.
Remarkable milestones of KSMU, Kazan
- 5th November (according to the old calendar) 1804 Emperor Alexander I declares in his royal command to establish a University in the city of Kazan.
- 14th of May (2nd of May according to the old calendar) 1814, Establishment of the «Department of Doctoral or Medical sciences» of Kazan University.
- 1837, The Anatomy Theatre was built.
- 1840, The University Clinic was opened.
- 1858, The Physiology Laboratory is launched.
- 1893, The first editions of «The Neurology Newsletter» are published.
- 1900, The complex of University Clinics starts functioning; the Bacteriological Institute is established on the basis of the Medical Faculty.
- 1901, The first editions of «Kazan Medical Journal» are published.
- 5th November 1930, the Medical Faculty of Kazan State University is reorganized into Kazan State Medical Institute.
- 1930, Establishment of the Faculty of Prophylactic Medicine.
- 1932, The Pediatric Faculty is created.
- 1954, Establishment of the Dental Faculty.
- 1975, Training at the Pharmaceutical Faculty is launched.
- 1991, The Faculty of Social Work is established.
- 1994, The Faculty of Management and Higher Nursing Education starts functioning.
- 29th of April 1994, Kazan State Medical Institute is reorganized and acquires the status of Kazan State Medical University.
- 14th May 2014, 200th Jubilee.
- More than 5500 medical students, clinical residents, and interns
- 65 departments
- The staff of more than 1500
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing
- one intake in the year June – September.
KSMU, Kazan is recognized by the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and science of the Russian Federation. KSMU is a government-funded university. KSMU is recognized by MCI, WHO, ECFMG (USA), AMC, GMC, etc.
Kazan State Medical University Ranking
Country Rank: 219, World Rank: 5682. KazanSMU got a third-place among all medical universities in Russia, according to the academic ranking of world universities-European standard ARES-2014, published by the European Scientific Industrial Chamber. KazanSMU is the first choice for Indian students for studying MBBS in Russia. According to the Indian Embassy Kazan state medical university is in the top 10 list of Russian Government Medical Universities.
Why Kazan State Medical University?
- University has extensively developed academic contacts with scientists in the USA, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Check Republic, and France.
- Kazan is the capital of the Tatarstan Republic. It’s the city that was historically formed, as a border between the East and the West.
- Kazan is situated on the bank of Volga River in the Central part of Russia. Kazan is a big industrial center with a population of 1.1 million people.
- Kazan is one of the most acknowledged centers of science, culture, and education.
- If you want to become a successful doctor, KSMU is the right choice for study MBBS. Here you will meet students from 30 countries across the globe. In KSMU scientific conferences: Doctors, Professors from the USA, Canada, France, Germany are taking part in and delivering their lectures to Foreign students-English Medium Faculty.
- Study Medicine in Kazan State Medical University is highly rated, that’s why KSMU listed in top ten medical universities of Russia. KSMU-Best among all Medical Universities in Russia.
Kazan State Medical University Fees
The fee structure for 2020:
|Fee Pattern||Fees for
|Per Year||6250 US$||5500 US$||33750$|
*Yearly fees include tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance fee.
*Students who will live in private hostel or apartments fee will be differ for them.
Duration of Studying MBBS in KaznSMU, Russia
- Duration of MBBS Course is 5.8 years for English Medium and 7 years for Russian Medium. BDS (Dentistry) 5 years English Medium, Pharmacy 5 years English Medium.
Here are official videos links for University, Hostels, Students Feedback:
Eligibility Criteria for Study MBBS (Medicine) at KazanSMU, Russia
- The candidate must have completed 17 years on or before 31 December at the time of admission for the MBBS Course.
- The students must have secured 65% per each subject ECB (English, Chemistry, Biology) in their 12th or higher secondary done through from CBSE/State Board or any other equivalent board.
- The candidate’s NEET score is mandatory for admission.
- The candidate has to go through an entrance examination for two subjects i.e Chemistry and English, to obtain admission in KSMU after arrival in university.
KSMU, Kazan has five hostels where foreign students can live throughout their studies. Students are offered different kinds of rooms which may differ in size. As a rule; two or three students can share the room. All rooms are comfortable, well heated and fully furnished according to student’s needs.
Kazan city at a glance:
Kazan is the capital and largest city of the Republic of Tatarstan, Russia. It is a major industrial, commercial and cultural center and remains the most important cultural center of the Tatar culture. It is the eighth most populous city in Russia. Kazan lies at the confluence of the Volga and Kazanka Rivers in European Russia. Kazan is located 793 Km east of Moscow. Kazan is a place where the East meets West. Kazan was founded in 1005. Despite of such venerable age, the city is growing and dynamically developing in all aspects. Since April 2009, Kazan has been granted the legal right to brand itself as the third capital of Russia. In 2004, Kazan was named the best city of Russia and became the winner of Russian public award «Russian National Olympus». With a rich history and culture, it is a host to number of monuments. The Kazan Kremlin (citadel) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Kazan is a significant educational and cultural center of Russia. Kazan is a city of Peace and Calm. Kazan is the host city for 2015 World Aquatics Championships, 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup and 2018 FIFA World Cup. Kazan is connected by buses, railways, river port and an international airport. The public transport system is extensively developed and is used by large number of people for daily commuting. It consists of buses, trolleybuses, trams and metro (subways).
Call for more details about admission, processing, fees for MBBS in KazanSMU, Russia:
Toll-free 1800-419-5827 (For Indian Students), +79515174507 (for International students)
Students or parents can write to us at WhatsApp also: +917428212236, +79515174507